Monday, February 1, 2010

Second

So my hubby and I were talking tonight about what's wrong with fitness and fitness magazines, and the whole fitness environment these days--here's what we came up with.

What I don't like is that fitness has been put in a vacuum. You go to the gym, sweat like mad, and then sit on your butt the other 23.5 hours of the day.

So Stephen says, "What you need is a reintegration of fitness." He's brilliant some times. This is just it. I think that the inherent value of exercise needs to be tied to what really matters. What matters then is life, and what makes life successful. Not walking on a treadmill or ellipting on an elliptical machine, but gardening, playing house for real, and moving our bodies for transportation.

Now, it's late, and a Monday, so I'm too tired and have put this off far too long, but I'll come back to the main point, which has something to do with Marx and alienation, but for now, toodles and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment