Sorry in advance Tommie, I'll need to think of a name that better reflects you and your home, but for now owning 13 chickens in my neighborhood does make you the Chicken Lady.
I've been toying with the idea, and working on persuading Stephen, that getting chickens and a dairy goat or two would a good idea in my search to go back to center. Meeting Tommie was the first step. She's just 5 years ahead of me chronologically, but she's way back to center, compared to me. Worm compost, full beautiful garden, great coop and chicken system, etc etc. I was careful not to ask too many questions because I don't want to freak her out with how overzealous I can be, but man would I love to hire this woman as my off-the-grid mentor.
Goal: Use as many of Tommie's eggs as I can, so I can go back for more asap.
No comments:
Post a Comment