Yesterday my 13 year old said, "You know what you should make Mom? Granola." I was lucky enough to have the ingredients on hand - so I threw this Granola together. It's super easy. I used what was on hand - Here's the recipe:
Oven 300 degrees. In a biggish bowl combine 3 cups oats, 1 cup wheat germ or steel cut oats, 1/2 cup walnuts (pecans, almonds, etc. are great too), 1/3 cup canola (or grapeseed, walnut or peanut oil), and 1/2 maple syrup (or honey, or sugar). Mix this all together with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Dump on a baking sheet (I like to use parchment paper) and stick in the oven - in the upper center of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes, but turn every 10 minutes to help brown. It will feel too soft when you turn, but don't worry, the granola crisps as it cools. I let it sit on top of the oven with the fan going - within an hour it was ready--I added 1/2 cup raisins (any dried fruit would be good, and you could add coconut flakes, choc chips, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment