Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mar's Cafe - day one

So, I deliverd the news to my family - not everyone's at home yet, so they are all "Here goes Mom again, just lay low Dude and it'll blow over," and Stephen's thinking "Is she really having PMS already again?" But they're going to see. I told them that I was going to put it on my blog and facebook page (that'll show em).

I set the kitchen all up - I'll get a picture up here of it - so that there's a definite owner/customer feel.

Kenny (12) gave the most dramatic sighs and eye rolls. Sophia (19) Facebook chatted with me that she thought it would be fun to play restaurant, and Ben, bless that boy, says, "Well that doesn't sound so bad," when I explained my operating hours. I have a sign hung up reading

MAR'S CAFE
HOURS OF OPERATION
SCHOOL DAYS,
Breakfast 7 to 8am,
Afterschool snack (if home) 4 to 5pm,
Dinner and lunchpacking 6 to 8pm
WEEKENDS
To be determined by the owner
The Owner reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.

Wanted: dishwasher

No comments:

Post a Comment